Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Pedestrian's Plea.

I, like Steph, have been doing a lot of walking around KW this summer. Though I have access to a car more often than Steph, I still walk to work most days, and when I am working at Pam's office downtown I walk between bus stops. Steph has given a small rant about being a pedestrian already, but let me add to it.I hate construction workers. I was walking to work yesterday morning and there was construction on the highway overpass that is between my house and Zehrs. There is no other way for me to get to work, unless I want to walk another 6km out of my way. The construction workers blocked the sidewalk on one side of the road and were blowing smelly tar smoke at the other side. This is a very busy street so I couldn't just walk on the road. They could have stopped blowing the smelly smoke for the 45 seconds it took me to walk by, but they just looked at me and kept going. I got to work coughing and smelling like tar. Not a very good start to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment