I woke up this morning and went to brush my teeth. I got quite the start when I looked in the mirror. To save time and let me sleep a little longer, I showered last night. And slept with wet hair. It is very humid here right now. All these factors added together had the result of me looking like medusa. No exaggeration. Weird curls flying in various directions, defying gravity. It was ... Interesting.
After applying Quite A Lot of Product and primping for awhile I got the Hair to behave and it actually looked quite nice. Then I got into the car and got a drive most of the way to work like usual and walked the ten minutes from Tim Hortons' to work at Arvado. I smiled cheerfully at the security guard and got a weird look. I pushed the elevator button, a little confused because the security guard is usually quite nice. The elevator arrived and as I stepped into the mirrored box my heart sunk. The extreme humidity had conspired to render all the Product in my hair useless. Medusa was back! I got off on my floor, stealthily ran to the bathroom, hiding behind cubicles, and attempted to rid myself of Medusa. While not quite as nice as my first attempt, the Hair behaved and I got through the remainder of the work day without any more Medusa impressions.
At five I left the office and walked the 2kms to the office where my sister and father work to get a ride home with my dad. I could feel my hair curling as I walked. My hair was possessed!! I thought for sure that I would be in full Medusa mode by the time I walked up to the office, but this time someone else had possessed my curly locks. Catching my reflection in the glass doors to the building I saw a rather scary sight.
Have you all seen the Friends episode where they all go to the Paleontology Convention in Barbados or wherever and it is raining and Monica's hair goes crazy?
And now I have my hair in a scarf the way they do in Africa so I can hide my crazy bad hair.
be strong, medusa takes a few casualities a year, but I am sure you will be triumphant in the final battle
ReplyDeleteI got a chance to witness some good Lolo morning hair moments last year...but this one sounds exceptional. Slay the beast! Or at least suffocate it with a colourful scarf.
ReplyDelete