Monday, September 18, 2006

Ndethetha Kancinci isiXhosa

How is it September 18th? How has time gone by so quickly?! It has been a year since I left for SA. This time last year I was settling into my house in the village and trying to figure out what the hell was going on! Everything was overwhelming, I had no idea what was happening, where I was supposed to be or what was expected of me. By the time I left I still had little idea of what was happening or what was expected of me, but at least I figured out where to go! It has only been a year but it feels like so much more, and I have only been home three months but it feels longer and shorter. I am still dealing with how to live here and how to express what it is I learned and how I have changed.

I just wrote hell on my blog. I acutally had to think whether I should or not. Silly. Last night I was at Andrea's for an Amazing Race party and Pam said she didn't think she had ever heard me swear. I told her she isn't around me enough. About half an hour after she left I was clearing up glasses from the smoothies we had and I dropped one on a chair and it spilled and I swore under my breath. Or at least I thought it was under my breath but everyone heard me.

Now I have to finish the scary MCC application form before I go to work. I don't need school to practice my refined art of procrastination!

No comments:

Post a Comment