Today I was walking in Downtown kitchener on my way from one job to catch the bus to the other job, enjoying the sunshine and crisp weather. Downtown Kitchener is not exactly downtown Umtata or Toronto when it comes to shady characters, it is not even like downtown Winnipeg, but it has its moments. So walking down king st. I am usually alert to who is around me. Today there was a guy sitting on a curb, and he looked like the kind of guy to whom I would normally be extra alert. I walked past him and he called out to me, a simple and cheerful "hello, how are you?" He was smiling nicely and I responded with a simple "hello, great and you?". This was followed by general comments on the nice day and well wishes for a good day.
Tonight at the first meeting of my small group we talked about Luke 5 where Jesus heals the leper. We talked about including people in society, and the different things that cause people to be excluded or marginalized. My first impression of that guy this afternoon was of someone of whom I needed to be wary. My first impression was wrong and our conversation brightened my day. I would like to say more about this whole thing and have it match better to the academic quality of my title, but honestly, I am so tired I can't get the thoughts to come out properly. Two jobs is good for money, not so good for sanity and the expression of thought processes.
Good night
No comments:
Post a Comment