Monday, September 18, 2006

enchantment missing from your life? It's only $500.00 at Zehrs!

Well, I am working two jobs which is very nice because now I have money. To spend on coffee. To keep me awake and alert because I am tired. Because I am working two jobs. This coming week will be less hectic because I am only working three days at Arvato, but the last two weeks I was there for four plus I am zehrs five days and these over lap so last week I worked 53 hours. That is alot. But it may be more soon because I am applying for a third job. It is a job with MCC at a women's shelter in Kitchener. It is scary because it is sort of like what I studied and so could be considered a "real" job. I am filling out the application for MCC and I get to answer questions about the role Christian Community has had in my life and what is my response to the biblical call for nonviolence and stuff like that. Yahoo for being back in the menno world. :)

So, my life has consisted of doing phone interviews and leaving messages for people then taking the bus and then scanning food and entering codes. Though uneventful for the most part, these activities have the occasional interesting moments. The other day I phoned someone that sent us their resume and their answering machine picked up. It identified who the number belonged to and asked for a message. Then it said "please wait for the beep" .....this was followed by nearly a minute of "its a small world" type electronic music. I was confused, then surprised and then I burst out laughing so when it finally beeped I couldn't leave a message and had to call back and listen to the whole thing again, trying not to laugh so I could leave the stupid message.

Same day, at zehrs I didn't know the code for the already made roasted chicken so I asked another cashier who was packing for me. She said it was 5609. So I entered that. What came up was a $500.00 something or other called "enchantment." So I had to void it and I had to get a manager to void it for me. For future reference the chicken is 5619.

So, the moral of the story is, if you need some enchantment I know where you can get it cheap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment