I have big plans for the weekend!! They are very exciting. I am sleeping in on Saturday! AND NOT WORKING. It is the first day in three weeks that I am not working anywhere. I do a little dance when I think about it. Plus, my friend Melissa who lives in Banff is coming to visit her new nephew and we get to see her too! So that is good. Now I just have tomorrow to get through, but I only work at one job, the one that doesn't involve scanning food continuously for hours on end, so that is good. Zehrs is not a bad job. It is just really really dull.
Tonight I went to a "party" with WMBs college and career, called regeneration or regen, and we dressed up like pirates, ran around the neighbourhood and played card games. It was fun. Then on the way home Pam's little sister was having a conversation with someone on her cell phone and the other person didn't think it was possible to have a party without drinking. Ang was trying to set them straight. It was an interesting conversation.
Wish I could talk about something interesting I have read recently or something, but I haven't read a book in a week. And this is ME we're talking about. So that is something else planned for saturday. But first I must go to the library. What book should I get? Any suggestions? SOmething good.
Amen to sleeping in! And also to spending time reading. My first thought when you asked for book recommendations was, "Ooh, I've read lots of good books - I'll definitely be able to suggest one." But I'm finding that I am too overwhelmed by the number of books in existence to actually pick one to recommend to you. So let me know what you picked, and how it goes... I just bought 4 books last week-end, all by authors I've never read, and I'm looking forward to finding out what they're like.
ReplyDeleteHave fun!
almost no one is commenting on my blogs, so I am commenting on my own blog. People used to comment that I never posted. I didn't post because I was busy having a life. Now I am posting and no one else is. I guess you all finally got lives.
ReplyDeleteSigh, gotta get me one of those!
They don't sell them at zehrs....
I post! Sometimes.
ReplyDeletePeople don't comment on my blog either.
But I'm not bitter.
WHOA. I don't know what happened, but today when I checked your blog there were three "new" posts! I had been seeing the bad hair day post for over a week, and I was beginning to wonder why you were so proud of yourself for posting so much, because as far as I could tell it had been well over a week...maybe something is wrong with the blogger site? I swear I check every day, I'm kind of pathetic that way, I check everyone's blog daily, even Mimi's.
ReplyDeleteSO, here's my uber-comment to make up for three posts' worth of commenting. Honestly, I didn't see the last three posts until today.
Suggestions for books from Library-worker Jan:
ReplyDeleteFiction:
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde
Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland
Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews
Bellwether by Connie Willis
Passage by Connie Willis
Inside Job by Connie Willis (anything by her,okay?)
Non-Fiction:
Girl meets God by Lauren Winner
The Narnian: a biography of CS Lewis by Alan Jacobs
I'll leave it at that for now. If you want more, let me know. I'm a wealth of books.
Jan
PS The newest (and final installment) of A Series of Unfortunate Events comes out on Friday, Oct. 13th.
i'm reading young, fabulous and broke by suze orman. not so much exciting like fiction, but interesting and useful.
ReplyDeletediedre, laura's blog was probably cached on your computer. sometimes you have to refresh the page to see new posts.
But why only Laura's blog? Nobody else's did the cache thingy...
ReplyDelete