I had a happy day today. I walked to work this morning and though I was a little late because of a house key fiasco, it was nice. It was cold and I had to wear a big comfy sweater over the "uniform from hell" (that is its official title) and the air was crisp and it smelled good. The sun was out so that was warm and it was really pretty. Then I worked for five hours and it was not very busy so that was nice. Yesterday was insano-rama x 100000. We had all 9 tills open and we all had lines of at least five carts long! This is what happens when all the students come back for two universities! But today was calm and nice. I had an old man come through my till and today was his 58th wedding anniversary! Cool. Then I walked home and it was still fall. Fall makes me happy, for many reasons. First, this is my first fall in five years with red leaves. This makes me very excited! I also love the way things smell and the air gets crisp and it tastes different or something. I think the sky is a different colour of blue in the fall. You get to wear comfy clothes but no long underwear or anything and it is a good time of year. I am even looking forward to winter. People tell me I am crazy, and there are some days that I try to plot a way back to SA so I can skip winter again, but I like snow. It will be nice to have packing snow all the time. I am too old for making snow people very often, and will be too busy with two, maybe three jobs, but I like that it is possible to make one anytime I want. And firing snowballs at my sisters back is nice too. :)
So I got home from my happy walk and I had a nice nap with my cat. Then we ate a really yummy roast for supper and tomorrow I am making pilgram soup with the left over broth. Yum.
So that is my happy day. Yahoo.
Mmmm...comfort in a cup...or blog...or something.
ReplyDeleteYour post made me feel comfy.
me too!
ReplyDeleteI love fall too!! I wonder what it will be like in England...
ReplyDelete