Thursday, November 09, 2006

Crazy week of crazy

First of all, apparently when I set my blog settings so that anyone could comment, I accidentally changed it so only members of my blog could comment. Oops!! That mistake has been remedied. Thanks to Steph for pointing it out.

Next. My life is crazy. I know everyone else's is to, that I am not alone in the craziness. That makes me feel better. Misery loves company right!?

Last week Arvato, the office place where I work, had a recruting thing at the mall. I got to help. Now this may sound exciting but really it involved me being paid to sit in the mall and read, write letters and talk to the occasional crazy person. Ok, so actually that is pretty exciting! I wrote lots of letters to South Africa that I have yet to actually put in the mailbox, I read four books including Rereading A Swiftly Tilting Planet which made me happy. However, I realized that when I bought the "trilogy" I got that, A wrinkle in time and An Acceptable Time. Um... SOmething is missing...

Recently at Zehrs we have been collecting donations for "Toonies for Tummies" which raises money for breakfast programs in schools for kids whose parents can't afford to give them breakfast every day. This is a good thing. It feeds the hungry.

During the week leading up to halloween (wow I have not posted in eons!), a lady came through my till. I asked her, "Would you like to donate a toonie today to support toonies for tummies and school breakfast programs for hungry children?" She said no. She started ranting about how in North America people spend billions of dollars on candy for halloween and there were hungry people and that was wrong and so she wasn't going to give money to that. I got confused and thought that maybe she had misunderstood what I had asked, and that she thought we were raising money to buy candy or something, so I calmly and polietly pointed out once again that we were raising money to help hungry kids and that if she were concerned about hungry people this would be a great opportunity for her to do something about it. She kept ranting about how she wasn't going to donate because there were hungry people and halloween is a waste of money when there are hungry people in our area....

I do not understand the way some people think. If someone can explain to me how not donating to help hungry people is a good way to take a stand that there are hungry people, I would be interested to hear it....

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:15 pm

    Hey give credit where credit is due I totally pointed out that only bloggers could post!
    Yay mall recruiting
    Boo confused crazy ladies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think that when people step into Zehrs, something happens to their brain...I've just seen too much of the aforementioned weirdo logic.

    Pam, didn't you point out that only bloggers could post on my blog? On Lolo's blog only members of HER blog could post, which is just her, so it was kind of limiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:23 am

    hahaha really? thats funny, what kind of craxy person posts on their own blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I post on my own blog. But we have already establised the status of my sanity so it should come as no real surprise....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also post on my own blog

    ReplyDelete