So obviously I have just been listening to Imagem Heap - I can't spell it and I have trouble saying it, but I like listening to it. It get that song in my head all the time and have random urges to say "Please clear the area" outloud. Thankfully I can usually keep it in my head since I'm pretty sure that people will think I am nuts if I actually say it outloud.
I saw a crazy thing yesterday. I was waiting for the bus after work because I didn't want to walk in the cold cold dark. Two university students who had just been shopping at Zehrs came up to me to ask where the bus stop going in the opposite direction was. I pointed it out, across the street and down a little. So they went to cross the street at the crosswalk, the little green man staring happily at them, beckoning them across the street. While the guy went to cross and the Big Red Pickup stopped at the red light went to turn right and HIT HIM!!! My heart stopped. It totally freaked me out. I went over to see if he was ok, and he was so everything is fine, but it was pretty scary. Stupid guy in the Big Red Pickup got out too to see if the guy was hurt, but he had to not be paying attention AT ALL since the guy was directly infront of the driver's seat when he was hit. So then in all the commotion they missed their bus which only comes every half hour. Suck.
On tuesday I had a really great small group. We talked about the story in Luke 5 when Jesus calls Peter and James and John to be disciples. We talked about how Jesus was calling them to see themselves differently, because they weren't the type of people typically called to be anyone's disciples - they didn't have the education, they hadn't met the standards of the day needed to be a disciple. But Jesus called them anyway. He believed in them, that they could be like him. I'm pretty sure that I studied the whole culture around how people were chosed as disciples, either in the Jewish context or maybe in the Greek context, but it was neat to be reminded that they were chosen in order to imitate their masters, to be like their teachers. So when Jesus chose his disciples he believed they could be like him. So he believes that we can be like him.
We talked alot about identity and how we see ourselves. We were challenged to think about what it is that we need to see differently in ourselves so that we can see ourselves more clearly. So far I haven't got a real answer.
Sorry if this didn't make tons of sense to everyone. I think I skipped over some things, but it makes sense to me. :)
I affirm your love for Imogen Heap. I think I listened to Hide and Seek on repeat for two or three days the first time I heard it.
ReplyDeleteMe Too!!
ReplyDeletep.s. Brent spelled it correctly. :)
I think if I have a daughter I'm going to name her Imogen.
ReplyDelete