Monday, November 27, 2006

Can I have a do-over? Please?

I guess it was bound to happen eventually. I mean, I try to stay organized and on top of things. I even bought a cute planner so that I can keep track of all the things going on in my life and I thought I was on the ball. But really, when you are working 54 hours a week, 13 days in a row or more, I was bound to drop the balle eventually. It's just that eventually came much sooner than I thought!

I have never really had problems with mondays. It's not my favourite day of the week, but they are not unbearable normally. Today may have changed my view of mondays.

So now you are all asking, "Laura, what happened?!" Actually you are probably asking "Lolo, what happened?" but I will pretend that you use my real name. Well, let me tell you what happened. I left my house today at the anticipated time, 12:15 to catch my bus. It takes me two buses to get to my job at Arvato which is where I was going. My first bus was 10 minutes late. I arrived at the corner where I connect to my second bus in time to watch it go past. This is normally not a big deal because this second bus runs every 10 minutes so I had time to walk into Starbucks for a peppermint mocha. This helped me pretend that it was Christmas even though I was not even wearing a coat because it is so warm. I caught the next bus easily because it too was about 10 minutes late. So I walked into Arvato at around 1:20.

They were surprised to see me. Sometimes this is ok, because I generally pick what days I go in depending on my schedule at Zehrs so sometimes they forget when I am coming. But today this got me worried and I pulled out my nice new, very cute planner to see what was up. Oh S#$*t. I am supposed to be working at ZEHRS!!! not Arvato, and my shift started at 1. By this time it is 1:30 and I call Zehrs, explain what is going on to my less than impressed boss (who, thankfully, is also the mother of one of my best friends and knows that I am not normally this stupid!)She asks if I can be there by 2. I laugh. I have to take the bus home, then change, then take the bus to zehrs. There is no way that I can do this in half an hour. So because this post is getting long, I will sum up saying that I got to Zehrs at around 3pm, two hours late and even later than I should have been because all my buses were, of course, late. Three hours later the day was over and I had spent as much time on the bus and waiting for stupid late buses as I had actually working. Now I am hoping that I wake up in the morning and it is monday again so I can try it again and get it right this time. Either that or I wake up with no memory of this stupid stressful day.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:14 pm

    You should have just stayed at Arvato, we are sooo much better :P

    By the way my work verification word is VKVXNZA, Even I can't figure out how that could be seen as dirty... all though it is a few V's... and an X....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:12 pm

    Wow, your day sounds like my bad dreams about being late, where there's always one more thing that makes me even later. At least you actually got to work, I never end up arriving in my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:37 am

    Ugh! As if just going to work at Zehrs isn't bad enough in the first place!

    Well, like you said....

    IT'S OVER!!

    ReplyDelete