Thursday, November 29, 2007

Good bye Paul Simon

This may seem like a weird title, especially since I am a pretty big Paul Simon fan. However, I have had his song 'Homeless' from the Graceland album in my head non-stop for the past four weeks. It is a great song, but a little depressing when you are essentially homeless.

But no more! We found a house!! It is a really great place and our patience (or impatience...) has paid off. It is right beside the church where Pip works, and we both attend. It is very near the centre of town, close to public transit and the house itself is great. The landlord originally wanted 500$ more than we could pay a month. When we explained that we are essentially volunteers he brought the price down. He is replacing the stove and the fridge with new ones, adding screens to the windows (hallelujah!) and basically redoing the kitchen. So even though the house itself is not that old to begin with, we are essentially going to move into a brand new house! Pip is in Kenya right now so I will move it next week when all the work is finished. The house has three bedrooms so there is a place for visitors, or maybe another roommate, and three bathrooms. It has hot water (sooooo excited) and showers!!! No more bucket baths for me. Really, this house is more luxery than we were looking for so we are incredibly blessed. We even get an oven so I can bake bread and stuff. Mmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. yay! That's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:13 pm

    Sweet!! That's great! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:49 pm

    I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete