Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Reunions and Rainfall.

Monday was lovely. I walked to work and it was nice and cool and sunny. I finished at 1pm and then walked home. Then I had lunch and got into the car with good happy cds and drove to Toronto. The traffic was great and I got to Mississauga very quickly (doing the speed limit of course....)and then traffic got heavy but not too bad. I parked at Yorkdale, which for you non-ontarians is a huge mall. I took the subway into the city and attacked Diedre on the corner of King and Younge. We met Aaron at Richtree restaurant, a fun market style restaurant, and ate lots of really good food. It was great to see them both and in typical Aaron fasion he patted me on the head before he even said hello. Granted, I did try to go in the revolving doors the wrong way, but Diedre went in before me and it worked for her... So things don't change that much :) We went to see Spiderman 3. It was entertaining but I don't need to see it again. Then we got on the subway and after dropping Diedre and Aaron at their stop I continued to my car. Driving home I remembered how much I hate driving in the dark and how much I hate Transport trucks. The combination is vile. But I got home safe and sound so all is well.

Today was not so lovely. I like thunderstorms but tonight was a little crazy. I took the bus home from work and as I got off at the stop across the street from my house it was cloudy and starting to rain - it had been raining off and on all afternoon. Ten minutes later the sky was green, it was raining horizontally and the wind was blowing at nearly hurricane force. We actually went into the basement it was so crazy outside. It only lasted about five or ten minutes at that intensity and we found out from the weather channel that the storm was moving at more than 65kms an hour. Our neighbour lost some tree limbs and around the city power lines and trees went down. No damage to our yard and the power stayed on so I could watch the series finale of Gilmore Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment