Sunday, May 13, 2007

Laura the Domestic Goddess

I had a full out domestic goddess day yesterday. It started with cleaning a house formerly occupied by unversity guys. One of the things we auctioned off last weekend at the fundraiser was 5 hours of house cleaning. It was gross but we got it done pretty quickly. Then I went home and cleaned my own house. You can now see my bedroom floor- quite a feat since I am getting organized for my trip, doing scrapbooking and going about everyday life in a small space. Then, I went outside and started to dig up my vegetable garden. I dug out, cleaned and stacked 36 very heavy patio stones and soon I will be turning the soil and planting things. It was hard work but I got to play in the mud and fool around with worms. It was like being a kid again. Good times. I want to plant tomatoes, beans, peas, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, zuccini and squash. Yumm. First I need to fence it off since we have a mutado bunny hanging out in our yard. I like little bunny rabbits as much as the next person, but this creature is seriously bigger than most small dogs. I have already planted my tomato plants inside and they are growing very well. Anyway, after my day of domestic works I went to Zehrs for five hours and it sucked. I was on express and had a huge line until after 9. We close at 9 people!! GO HOME!!! Now I will have lunch and then go play ultimate frisbee. I like spring!

1 comment:

  1. I like the word mutato. I had forgotten about it, but I'm glad you reminded me.

    See you tonight!

    (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

    ReplyDelete