Saturday, June 09, 2012

I'm here!

I have arrived in Burundi! Weird how you can plan for something and know that something is happening but it doesn't actually become real until you are walking off the airplane in a new country. So I'm finally and actually here! Unfortunately my bag did not make it, at least not yet. I am really hoping I get it tomorrow because Bujumbura is not exactly well known for its shopping. I guess I am lucky since this is the first time I've ever lost my bag in all my travels. I had a good trip but it was extremely long and although I did manage to sleep a little on one of my overnight flights I have only slept about 5 hours in the last 36 hours so I am going to sleep. Hopefully my bag will be here when I wake up in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear you landed safely, but boo for your bags not arriving. Praying you get a good night's sleep and that your bags aren't far behind :)

    ReplyDelete