Saturday, June 16, 2012

Adventures in Bujumbura

This week there were some World Vision staff from other Partnership offices in Burundi to do a baseline assessment. Today I got to tag along with a couple of them as they did a little sight seeing in Bujumbura. We went to the Musee Vivant which is a sad little zoo with Crocodiles, a leopard and a chimpanze. Then we went for a quick walk across the Congo border followed by a drive in the nature reserve outside of town, lunch on the beach. Here are few pictures of my day.
Juliet the crocodile


Beautiful Leopard in a tiny compound
Julio the Crocodile - ya, I though his name would be Romeo too.



He performed some impressive acrobatics and then wanted to be rewarded with food


Beach on Lake Tanganyika



We walked over the border in to the DRC


The river that marks the border between Burundi and the DRC

Watch crocodiles!


Pictures of hippos for my friends Ginny and Abby

I was going to take a video of the hippos for Ginny but then my battery died. Next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment