Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Procrastination is a global phenomenon

Getting dressed for work in the morning is less fun then it used to be. This is because my options are more limited because I don't like to wear skirts anymore. I used to hate wearing skirts but my newfound aversion is not because of a reversion to my old attitudes. No, I just hate trying to explain all the bruises! So if I wear pants no one can see them which makes my day a little easier. They are gradually going away now - more of a mottled green and yellow tinge creeping in which is at least a change from the electric blue and deep purple. And they mostly don't hurt anymore, except if I accidentally kick myself in my sleep - and yes, I know how that sounds.

I am supposed to be writing the semi annual progress report for my program but am having a hard time concentrating on it. So instead I am procrastinating as much as possible. I have very little motivation to write it since a) it is not actually my job and my boss should be working on it b) it is not due for another month and a half and c) I have only 6 business days left before I leave and it is very unlikely that this will get finished before then anyways. So I have written only three pages in the last two or three hours.

In other news, I am no longer the only muzungu here at world vision Rwanda. This is exciting, but I'm sad now that I only have 6 business days left! Jo is here from Australia and it is nice having her in the office. She is here for almost a year, lucky girl.

I guess that is all except that I get to go to the tailor's tonight to pick up a jacket I had made and on monday I get to pick up some more clothes from my other tailor. Very exciting!

I guess I should go back to work....

1 comment:

  1. Lolo, I miss you! We should figure out a way to hang out sometime this year...

    ReplyDelete