I've been home nearly two weeks now so now that jet lag is finally behind me and I am feeling more at home I figured it was time to post again. I got home last monday night, spent one day at home before heading to Mississauga for two days for a 'debrief' at the WV head office. It was exhausting since I was still on Rwandan time and very sleep deprived, but it was nice to spend time with the other interns and hear about their experiences.
Saturday I went over to Pam's place for dinner and found a surprise birthday/welcome home party. Funny thing was, I was the first person to arrive!! So I walked in the door and saw all the decorations and Pam standing there saying 'Surprise?' It was a good evening and it was fun to see my friends again. Didn't really get to talk with some of them, but that's ok.
I'm not sure what is next for me but I am feeling more and more that I won't be here in Canada for very long. I miss Rwanda, but more than that I am feeling like I don't fit here, that my 'calling' for lack of a better word, is somewhere else. It will be interesting to see what is next.
No comments:
Post a Comment