I have never really liked looking for a job. It is time consuming, frustrating and it means I have to rewrite my resume. However, since I only have 2 months left in my contract, it is that time again. Job Search Time.
This task is made more difficult by the fact that I have not really decided what type of job I really want. Part of me would love a longer term opportunity here - if not in Rwanda, at least in Africa. The other part of me is thinking that it would be nice to be based in Canada with an NGO. So this means I am splitting my efforts in two different directions. The other thing that makes it frustrating is the job requirements for most positions. If they don't want someone with a master's degree (most of which require three years of experience before you can apply) they need someone with 5 years experience. I, of course, have neither of these and so don't qualify for most of the positions open at the moment. So the search continues...
I hate Job Search Time too. I'll pray for you!
ReplyDelete