Tuesday, January 01, 2008

adventures in zambia continued

Canoeing the Zambezi, rapelling down cliffs and then jumping off of them, riding elephants and standing on the very edge of victoria falls. All in all it has been a great vacation! And now I am broke.

I really enjoyed staying here in Livingstone. I'm glad that we stayed in one place the whole time instead of traveling around. It was more relaxing and let us get to know the city a little better. I found the house where my dad used to live back in the 70s, did more shopping than I had planned on and spent a good portion of every day being soaking wet. It was great! The backpackers we have been staying at has provided good distractions in the interesting people we have met. There were surprisingly a lot of canadians - several other CIDA interns actually which is neat. A group of south africans has been here nearly as long as we have taking advantage of the rising water on the zambezi for white water rafting. After our two nice menno salter roommates Tyler and Matt left we got three loud drunk germans for new years. They were actually alot of fun and we are having dinner with them tonight.

Tomorrow morning Miriam and I take the 6:30am bus back to Lusaka where we will do a little last minute shopping, catch a movie (luxery!) and then I fly out to Nairobi on thursday and she drives back to Lubumbashi, DRC. I spend the night in Nairobi before finally going back to Kigali on friday. And so ends a great vacation! Back to the 'real' world I guess:)

No comments:

Post a Comment