I am having a difficult time believing that it is January 15th. Time has been flying so quickly! Before Christmas it felt like I still had so much time here in Rwanda - time to figure out the problems with my position here, time to find a job for when I am finished, time to spend with friends here and to explore this great country.
Now it feels like I have no time! Two months and I will be on my way home. I am not going to dwell on this - that is surest way to waste time, but I will indulge a little today. I feel like there is still so much to be done and learned here. I have only been to work two days since I have been back from Zambia and this is increasingly frustrating since there is still lots of work to do. I need to sit with my boss and figure out what is going on in his head because he tells me day after day that I don't need to come into work. I am supposed to go to Nyamata tomorrow, but I half expect him to call me this evening and put it off again.
This was supposed to be a reflective posting about my time here so far, but now it has degenerated into a bit of a rant about my job. So I will stop here.
Lolo, you and I should get together sometime and talk about World Vision. I am very confused by some of their ideas when it comes to funding the program I work for, and I'm wondering if it's the same for overseas projects.
ReplyDelete