Happy turkey day everyone! Yesterday my family had a very yummy turkey dinner and it was nice to spend time with the family. Especially since I leave for Africa in five days!!
I have not posted in over a week since I did not have internet access at the house where I was staying and I thought maybe I shouldn't post while at work. There have been many blog worthy events but I will just summarize the important ones.
First, I saw the movie 'Shake Hands with the Devil' on wednesday night. I really liked it. Roy Depuis plays Gen Dallaire and does a really great job. The movie is a little technical - looks at the hows and whys of the genocide, but it is well done and especially for a Canadian film, it is worth seeing.
Second, I spent most of the week doing work that actually had to do with what I studied at school! I was going over annual plans and logical frameworks for programmes in tanzania, senegal and mali. I loved it! I even took two home to do over the weekend since it is so busy and I actually enjoy the work.
And finally, I recieved my finalized itinerary this week. I leave on saturday - this saturday! at 6pm from Toronto. There are 7 of us from world vision traveling together for a 5 day workshop in tanzania so I'll have company on the long flights, which is nice. we are flying through amsterdam but only have 3 hours there so no exploring the city this time. But this means we get to Arusha tanzania on sunday evening. Then I spend five days learning and seeing mount Kilimanjaro and then I leave for rwanda bright and early on the 20th. I land in Kigali at 8:25am where I'll be met my Pip and David, two friends from my last trip. Very excited!!
There is so much to do between now and saturday!! People to see, things to pack. It's crazy! i will be trying to post on a regular bases while I am away, and while some of the posts may be cut and pasted into facebook, this will be my primary post place. I just like it better :)
Wow, Lo, you're turning into quite the globehopper. Every time I turn around, you're going to Africa. It's so awesome. Quite the seasoned traveller.
ReplyDelete