Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Just another day at the office

So today was my second day in the office here in Kigali. Yesterday was slow and boring and I spent a lot of time trying to look busy even though I wasn't. We are trying to get the budget nailed down for the project - this is not the exciting part!! So it involved a lot of waiting for feedback and pricing. Today was more of the same in the morning, though it felt like things had actually been accomplished which is nice. This afternoon my supervisor was out of the office so I was told that I could work from my hotel if I wanted - space is at a premium. So here I am in a coffee shop a few blocks from my hotel working. Rather, now I am finshed working so I get to play! I met some fun people while I was working, so the day as a whole has been really good. I woke up this morning feeling a little homesick and frustrated but now I'm feeling much better. Just have to stay busy!

Tomorrow Apollo(my supervisor) and I are heading out to Nyamata, the area where we will be based. It is about an hour drive from the city and we'll be looking at what supplies and equipment we'll need, who we need to include in our trainings and I will also get to check out my accomodations for the next couple of months. Hopefully it is a good day.

Tonight I am meeting another CIDA intern who has been here in Kigali for a couple of weeks already. I have been meeting people left and right! Nice so that I have people to hang out with and things to do so i don't go insane.

Today is cold and rainy - on par for rainy season here. I'm even wearing long sleeves. Even grey and raining Rwanda is a beautiful place to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment