Sunday, September 23, 2007

where does the time go?!

So I went away to mississauga for a week and I came home and all of a sudden Fall had arrived. I didn't notice while in Mississauga, mostly because I hardly left the office or hotel most of the week, but it definately has arrived. The trees are all sorts of pretty colours, the fields are a golden brown and even the sky is a different colour. I love fall!

Time is going by very quickly. My weekend zoomed by and I feel like I got nothing done. In reality I got through about half of my to-do list, but time went by so quickly i didn't have time to breath. One thing on my list was to vote. I will not be near my polling station on election day, so I voted at the advance poll. It was exciting for a couple reasons. first, I have missed my last two chances to vote - the last federal election was while I was in South Africa and due to a breakdown in internet access I actually went a week without knowing who the prime minister of Canada was. the Last provincial election took place while I was at school in winnipeg. So I finally got to vote. The other reason it is exciting is because there is a referendum about a new election system. For those of you who do not live in Ontario, the new system is call MMP - multiple member p-something. Anyway, if it goes though it would mean a more representative method of electing MPPs. I like it alot and it would especially benefit parties like NDP and the green party where the number of seats in Parliament do not actually represent the percentage of the vote they recieved. Yahoo.

Now I am in Downtown Toronto sitting in my hotel room. Differnet hotel than last week, I am here for a training/orientation course with the Centre of Inter-cultural learning through CIDA. It looks like it will be a little bit repetative since I just did most of this stuff with World Vision last week, but there will be several other people here with other organizations so that is good. I like meeting other people going overseas! It is always fun to meet new people and compare experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment