After a LONG trip with almost no sleep I have arrived! And it's great! The workshop is going really well - I'm very busy and haven't completely recovered from jet lag yet, but I'm learning lots, meeting interesting people from all over and I'm really loving it. I have a better understanding of what I might be doing once I arrive in Rwanda, though that will still change I'm sure!
I am really excited to actually be doing development stuff. Discussing Livelihoods Approaches and how they translate to activities and interventions on the ground and talking about systems theories and what they look like in real life, observing them in a Development Project. Frankly I'm in heaven!!
I'm also really excited about the feedback I'm getting from the people I'm working with. I don't need to be patted on the back or anything like that but to hear that I'm doing a good job, asking good questions - this makes me more sure that this is where I am supposed to be, and what I am supposed to be doing. That is a good thing!!
Hooray! So glad to hear that you arrived safely - I was driving past the airport on Saturday just before 6 and I was thinking about you :)
ReplyDeleteIt's awesome that you're already right in the swing of things - hope it's all you imagined it to be!! And did you realize that your blog title is now accurate again? Very cool!
I'm so happy for you and also very proud of you! I hope you'll have an excellent experience there.
ReplyDeletei'm so glad you're so enthused! and i can't wait for more updates!
ReplyDelete