Monday, September 17, 2007

It begins!!

So today was my first day as an intern with World Vision. I am really excited about it all and haven't really gotten to process it all. we had a tour today of the head offices of World Vision canada and met our mentors, learned how to use Lotus Notes (already knew that one....) and got our shiny new laptops. yahoo! except mine has a crapy battery so I have to have it plugged in at all times, so it is really not much different from my own laptop except it is much smaller and lighter.

There are two other inters going through training with me. Miriam is going to DRC (the not-so-democratic republic of congo) and Joanna is headed to tanzania. They both have their master's degrees and are a little older than me, but seem very nice and we all get along very well. They live close enough that they are commuting every day whereas I live in a hotel five steps away from the office. Very convenient! I have a huge king sized bed, a small kitchen and I'm bored because there is no one to talk to.

That is all for now. Stuff to read and things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment