Friday, August 31, 2007

My exciting day

It began like any other day. I woke up, pressed snooze and fell back asleep, then woke up again. I got a coffee on the way to work, did some interviews, some data entry and some filing. Went to lunch with my sister, then did some more interviews, data entry and filing. Very exciting. Then I left work.

I take two buses to get home from work. Between these two buses I usually have to wait about 20 minutes and since there is a starbucks on the corner where I wait, I occasionally break down and treat myself to a grande half-sweet, non-fat, no water tazo chai tea latte. Today as I was sitting in starbucks waiting for the bus I watched a couple of idiot teenagers jumping into traffic, running along side cars and generally being stupid. They were waiting at my bus stop. So the bus comes, I leave starbucks and get on the bus. We have gone two blocks when one of these idiot boys comes to the front of the bus where I am sitting and asks the bus driver for a first aid kit because he has somehow managed to cut his arm on the seat. The driver pulls over to call in a report and then as she is getting the first aid kit, she realizes that this isn't some little scratch. It is a cut nearly 2 inches long and the idiot boy* is dripping blood all over the bus. So she has to call an ambulance. The fire truck arrived first since we were just around the corner from the fire station and idiot boy and his friends get off the bus. One of the other passengers on the bus calls the driver over to tell her that he was on another bus with the hooligans and explained that they had gotten into a fight with an old man on the other bus and then he went on to describe their traffic games. My fellow passenger says that he wouldn't be surprised if idiot boy cut himself on purpose. Another passenger pipes up that she overheard one of idiot boy's female friends tell him he should cut himself and then somehow he mysteriously now had a cut on his arm. So by now the ambulance has arrived and we are quite the spectacle in rush hour traffic - a bus with a fire truck behind it and an ambulance behind it and a couple hooligan idiots out on the sidewalk with the paramedics. With the police on the way our extra bus finally arrives and the two other passengers are asked to stay behind to make a statement to the police. After a little while the rest of us finally board the new bus and continue on our merry way. 40 minutes after idiot boy first asked for the first aid kit. And so ends my exciting day.


* Names have been changed to protect the idiotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment