Tuesday, August 28, 2007
No cats were hurt in the making of this post
I was on the phone last week with Annemarie and I walked into my kitchen and freaked out. Amp laughed at me, but I was not happy to see the furry little mouse scurrying around my kitchen floor. I actually stepped up on a chair - not really out of fear, more out of disgust since I was barefoot and it grossed me out. My cat was less than helpful and ran in the opposite direction when she saw the cat. I asked to borrow amp's cats, but that wasn't really realistic. So then I had to find a mouse trap, all the while blabbing nonesense into the phone at Annemarie who was trying to be as supportive as someone on the other side of the country can be, but at the same time she was laughing at me and my crisis. I finally found a mouse trap in the back hall closet, but then I couldn't get it to work. Really, this should not have been hard. They are not all that complicated, but I couldn't get the stupid bar to hook onto the snapy part. Finally I got it set up and I tried to put it under the fridge - since this is where the mouse ran to - but it wouldn't fit. So I put it right beside the fridge. Annemarie and I finished our phone conversation and I went upstairs. An hour later I heard a distinctive snap and my cat running around (for such a small cat, she makes a lot of noise when she runs). I went downstiars to find the trap had been set off, but not by a mouse. Now the trap did not actually snap on my cat or hurt her in anyway - I think she just sniffed it and it went off. Anyway, the mouse was still on the loose but I put the trap away so as to not hurt my poor scared cat. This all happened while my parents are out of town. All my mouse adventures do. But I didn't see the mouse again until after they came home and now we have trapped two mice and we think that is all there is. We hope. So that is the less than climactic ending of my story. But my next cat will chase mice and be useful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm glad to hear everything turned out alright.
ReplyDeletemy cats were launching themselves at the ceiling fan to attack flies yesterday. that's all the wildlife they get.
heehee...I can picture you up on that chair.
ReplyDeleteMan, I wish it was me on the phone that day, it would have been funny!
ReplyDelete