Hi all. It has been awhile since my last post because my life is chaos. I have nearly every waking minute this coming week planned already, and last week was exhausting. Lucking, this past weekend I went on a fun retreat with the regeneration group from WMB. It was a welcome rest from the chaos. We went to a camp about 45 minutes away and we had lots of fun!! We played "across the room spoons" which left many bruises, we had good worship (REALLY GOOD WORSHIP) and we performed for "Airband Idol" which was entertaining to say the least. More importantly, I made some new friends (yahoo!!) and met lots of fun people. I also got to shed a little more light on the things that are bugging me about my position in life right now. In one of our sessions we talked about how the idea of Independance and Self reliance are big parts of how we view success. I am not independant or able to be self reliant at the moment, at least in terms of living space and supporting myself. Therefore, I am not successful. Part of this is coming from myself - I am disapointed and frustrated with the whole thing, but I think some of this pressure is coming from my family too. Especially my sister. She just bought her first house and is all adult and stuff. And I am living with my parents. Now logically, I paid for a university degree practically by myself, I paid for a trip to Africa and around Europe practically by myself, so if I hadn't done all that I could have a house too, but it just feels weird.
I am feeling better about the direction that GOd is taking me now. I feel that he is opening opportunities for me in downtown kitchener. Even if I don't get the Mary's Place MCC job (for which I had my first interview this morning - more later) I think God is drawing me into that context and letting me know that I am going to be in Canada at least for a little while. This is reassuring.
So, as I just mentioned, I had an interview for the job this morning. It was the first step, to see if I am eligable to work for MCC. Questions like "Who is Christ to you?" and "Do you think violence is ever an option" were prominent in the conversation. I have another interview on thursday at noon. Scary!! This one is more important, and it pertains specifically to the position I am applying for. Ah!
The last thing going on in my life right now, is that Zehrs may go on strike. We are represented by a union and the workers have been without a contract for awhile now. I am new and so don't know much, but people are voting this week to see if we will strike or not. I am not even going to vote one way or the other. I don't know enough about the old contract, the new contract or the politics of it. It is not super important to me since Zerhs is not my only, nor is even my primary, source of income. However, I recognize that for some this situation is really important and the right to strike is important. So, I am basically abstaining from having an opinion about the whole thing. I will say this though. It would be nice to have a chance to breath and if they stike it means no work at zehrs at least for a couple days. That would not be a bad thing.
So, more chaos tomorrow, but I get to see Michelle Jantzi for breakfast in the morning so that is nice. Then it is work and more work and then small group. Yahoo!! That is all.
It's good to hear you sound so upbeat, Lo! I miss "really GOOD worship"!
ReplyDelete