Friday, October 27, 2006

Laura's Boomerang adventures

So, there are no actual boomerangs involved, but I watched Over the Hedge tonight with the Youth Group from Grace MB, my parents church. I am helping with the Youth there, when I am not working during Youth events. Jason Baerg (who some of us know as Jay) is the new Youth director for Grace and it is fun to hang out with him and his wife Lauren. They are lots of fun! Jay calls me Snyder and I have to laugh because no one has really called me that in a really long time. Also, my cousin Andrew is in Youth and he is also called Snyder so this may cause some problems. :)

I am glad this week is over. I have been a crazy person this week, not only working too much and not enough at the same time (my life is a paradox) but doing and saying silly things. Now the week is over so hopefully the stupidness is over too.

A highlight of the week though, was hanging out at the working centre on wednesday. The working centre is a downtown initiative that works with low income and marginalized people in a variety of different ways. There is job counselling, income generation projects, a volunteer fair trade locally produced cafe, bike recycling and lots lots more. So I was hanging out at the cafe and I felt like I should be in Winnipeg, but I was actually in Kitchener and it was great. A woman was singing and playing guitar and she was super good. Also I talked to a customer today about naps and I think we should all take more naps. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment