Saturday, October 21, 2006

long over due

It seems I have reverted to my non-posting ways. I have meant to post several times recently but when I get on the computer all words leave me. This is one of those catch people up on what is up posts, so it is not terribly entertaining but thats ok. I promise I will try harder to post more. Then they will not be as dull.
First with the happy things. Annemarie was here visiting this past week. She Steph and I had many fun times, did lots of shopping and it was really great to escape from the real world for a little. I didn't work while she was here and we spent time watching "What not to wear," shopping and we went out dancing. I dropped her off at the airport on wednesday around noon and I thought that I was fine, that I wouldn't cry or anything silly when she left. Then I was driving out of the airport on the crazy airport road and all of a sudden I was crying. It was sad. Amp is going to Winnipeg in May for her cousins wedding and I am hoping to be able to make a trip out this spring too, so maybe we will be there at the same time. That would be good.

On a not so happy note, I heard about the job I had applied to with MCC. I didn't get it. As much as this is not a happy thing, it is ok. I don't feel really sad or let down, because I had started thinking maybe this isn't what God is bringing me to. So I am really at peace about it which is nice. Another not happy thing is that I have started paying back my student loans now and they suck. I don't even owe THAT much, but according to their minimun payments I will be paying them back for 114 months. That is ridiculous. So I am paying lots more than the minimum but it will still take forever.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura.

    You should absolutely come to Winnipeg in May if you can. We miss you.

    That's too bad about the MCC job, though. I'm praying for you, and I hope you find a job that IS right for you.

    Also, word. Debt sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:50 pm

    I'm not even paying my minimum payments right now, I'm on interest-free status!

    The only way I can get to Winnipeg in the near future is to take youth from church to PIT. I'll have to get on that.

    ReplyDelete