Thursday, February 01, 2007

Life Lessons worthy of TLC...

So I worked at the call center today for the first time in a few weeks. They aren't hiring many people right now so they haven't needed me a whole lot. Fewer hours means less money, but also less insanity so that is ok. Today most of the department was at a conference or whatever in Toronto so it was just myself and one other girl in the recruitment office.

I was assigned to do exit interviews over the phone for the day. When someone quits (which being a call centre and all, happens enough) we are supposed to go through this survey thing with them to get feedback on why they left and their experiences and stuff. I made lots of phone calls, left numerous messages, and sadly talked to some real people too. Obviously since it is the HR department confidentiality is important, so no specifics here. I will however let you in on a few hints in case you ever find yourself leaving a job for any reason and they want to do an exit interview with you.

1. Don't answer the phone "John Doe* speaking" and then tell me that John Doe is not home right now.

2. During the course of the survey do not spout off about all the B.S. those stupid B****y girls in the HR department fed you - you are speaking to one of the HR girls right now.

3. Lastly, and really most importantly, do not, I repeat DO NOT, go into a detailed account of the location, size and treatment of whatever skin infections that may have caused you to miss work in the first place. Please.

* Names have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment