Well, I am officially employed.
By a grocery store. I will be working with Steph which is GREAT! I haven't had many jobs with fun people so that will be fun. But I am a cashier at a grocery store working for a meager 7.75 an hour. Boo. So, obviously not my dream job, but it is a pay check which is really important right now. Also, I am applying back at, thats right, Starbucks. Sigh. They are opening another store in town and they need people so I will get hired. Maybe even as a shift supervisor. I liked working at Starbucks, so this is not a horrible thing, and I get lots of free coffee (yahoo!) but I don't feel like I am going anywhere. sigh.
This post is a little pessimistic. I really am glad to have a job and a paycheck and neither job is heinous or vile so things are ok. I will keep looking for a "real" job. At least now I will not be bored stupid. Yahoo!
Oh ya, and I heard about the call centre job. Apparently they don't want me. My best friend works in HR at the company and was told that my written french wasn't up to snuff (funny since the job doesn't require much written french and they have hired people without it before...) but I think it was because when they asked about what kind of work environment I expected I said supportive and enthusiastic. They had weird looks on their faces like both concepts were foreign to them, so I think that may have been it. But they should have hired me. I am cool and they loose!
Totally. You are cool and they do lose. It's alright, I worked at Starbucks for 16 months straight and I'm okay. I'm glad to hear you'll at least have pocket change for a bit.
ReplyDeletemwhah hah hah I have sucked you in.
ReplyDelete:)
You will be personally responsible for making my job SO MUCH BETTER! Yay you!
being a cashier really isn't that bad...I kind of wish I could do that too actually.
ReplyDeletePlus you're super and a nice person so you will be good at it.
Then you can get your dream job and leave me at Zehrs. :(
Or....you could come to dawson creek, work at the new starbucks here, and hang out with us!! You'd make more than 7.75 an hour too.....
ReplyDeleteon the down side, there are very few chocolate men....