Wow. I'm home. It is such a crazy feeling to be back home and have so many things be the same. I am back living with my parents and my mom still bugs me about the same things, my room is the same, my friends are the same. It is like I never left. But I am not really the same, but I haven't yet figured out exactly what it is that is different.
To catch up a little, Rome was fun. We got lost a lot, spent lots of time in the sun and in line and in line in the sun. Florence was BEAUTIFUL and we met lots of really great people. It was perfect timing too since Mel and I were starting to really get on eachothers nerves. I LOVED Venice, but Mel didn't like it since we spent most of the time not knowing where we were or where we were going, but I thought that was part of the fun. Great shopping in Italy :) We also spent a day in Verona before going back to Paris. Mel's last night is Paris we went for a boat tour on the Seine and then had wine under the Eiffle Tower at 11:30 at night. It was great!
And now I am home. Doing house work, catching up with friends, writing a resume and looking over the classifieds. This is like a whole different world and I have to figure out what my place is in it. It seems impossible that only a month has passed since I left South Africa, six short weeks, but at the same time it seems so far away and so long ago. I feel a little like Alice dropped in an upsidedown world, but its a world I know. It is all just to wierd to explain or describe. Pictures of Europe to come.
Glad to have you back in North America! It was good to see you in Dawson Creek lately.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the pictures of Europe.
(look at me, I'm commenting on your blog!)
Okay, Lo. I'm commenting. That means you have to start posting....and GO.
ReplyDelete