Saturday, June 24, 2006

Adventures in BC

I am in Vancouver with Steph White, staying with Diedre and Aaron. Vancouver is a fun city and we have had lots of fun!! Our trip down here was a bit of an adventure as it started with an inadvertent trek towards the Yukon. Anyone ever heard of Pink Mountain BC? No? that's because it is really far north. Two and a half hours north of Dawson Creek.... But we saw lots of beautiful things so all in all it was worth the detour. We camped outside of Quesnel our first night after leaving D.C. and it took us nearly 12 hours to get there!! :) Then we spent two nights at Nairn Falls between Pemberton and Whistler. We went hiking, made fires, slept and read and generally relaxed and had good times. We had lunch in Whistler on our way into Vancouver and then returned to Aaron and Diedre's apt. So far in Vancouver we have eaten lots of good food - yummy curry at Granville Island, Sushi and Gelato and now we are making a coconut chicken curry with ginger and eggplant. It has fun ingredients like palm sugar, galanga root and lime leaves. Lots of chopping! But it smells really good. Tomorrow Steph and I fly home to Ontario.

Oh, and Diedre found out her brother Tobin got engaged and was jumping up and down, skipping around the apartment chanting "what can we do what can we do what can we do what can we do!" We toasted to the happy couple with green tea during sushi and with our gelatos on the beach. Diedre is really excited and inserts random questions into conversations about where/when/how the wedding will be. It is funny and we are all poking fun at her a little :)

Overall it was a really great trip. Originally I had a comment here about how people need to comment on my blog, but it sounded a lot more bitter than it should, so instead I will just say "comment on my blog!!" But only if you are sane or not selling something. Jan and Paul are good friends. Vanessa is way ahead of anyone.
That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Now you just need some links on the side, too. Do you need instructions from a helpful friend?

    I still can't believe you guys headed so far north... nuts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote this on Diedre's blog but I will write it on yours too: I told my daddy on the phone about your (ahem) adventure and he laughed really, really hard. He thought it was brilliant. So congratulations, you have achieved #1 Funny Status in my dad's world. And I like you, and I liked talking to you on the phone, and once I hung up I cried. (Sheesh.)

    ReplyDelete