Saturday, May 13, 2006

Flying Fun

Well, bunjee jumping didn't happen. Apparently it is out of season or something, so we couldn't go. Instead we went paragliding. It was sooooo great!! I got strapped into a harness, attached to a guy named Robi and ran off a cliff, 2600 ft up!! It was so exilerating. Not the crazy adrenaline rush of bunjee jumping, more of a quiet excitment. I could see all of Interlaken and the mountains and the lakes. We went around in circles through thermals, went up and then down and then back up again. I even got to steer!! It was so great. They warned us before we started that it was addictive, and they were right! I would love to go again. Landing scared me before we started, but it was very easy and mine at least was even graceful. Melissa, my sister, ran into some turbulance on her way down so ended up falling over as she landed. Not very graceful, but funny!

Now we are in Rome after an all night train that did not consist of much sleep. We are hanging out at our 'hostel' which is really a campground with a pool and it is great. We needed a relaxing day after the stress of arriving in Italy! Not a very clean place so far and it gets very confusing when you can't understand ANYTHING!! I should be used to that, but it doesn't make getting around the city any easier.

Tomorrow we are going to explore the ancient eternal city. It will be great!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:32 am

    Hello Laura,

    I am Brad Simpson one of Mellisa's freinds. My wife Danielle and I were talking about yous today and wondering how Mel would make out bungy jumping but i guess yous did not do that. It sounds like yous are having fun. Could you tell Mel that we say Hello.
    Thanx Brad and Danielle Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOLO Laura. I just stumbled upon your blog looking up Mzomtsha Children's Home, where I will be volunteering in August. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience there... maybe we could chat more? I'd love to hear from you- my email is jamajoyster@gmail.com

    Take Care :-)

    ReplyDelete