Wednesday, June 28, 2006
tree climbing
Today I spent most of the day in a tree. Now when most people think about me, they may picture me reading, or laughing or paragliding (!) but not hanging out in a tree. So why was I in this tree? I do it every year about this time. You see, in my parents yard there is a HUGE cherry tree. We get so many cherries every year that we sell some, give some away, eat lots and do lots of baking and by this time the next year we still have several bags of frozen cherries in our freezer. So I spent most of today up in the tree picking cherries. We never spray the tree with anything but our biggest pests are the birds. My dad has made an agreement with the birds that they can have the highest branches that we can't reach, but year after year the stupid creatures renag on the deal. In recent years squirrels have also gotten into the fray and the rukus that can be heard from the branches of the tree at any time of day or night is enough to make me wish for a bb gun! But the cherries are yummy so generally it is worth all the bother to pick them. Plus I have an excuse to spend the day in a tree!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When my brother Karl (a tree climber) came to visit, he and Aaron (a climber, period) had some kindred spirit moments.
ReplyDeleteTree hugger!!
ReplyDeletehuttah tree! I like tree climbing. *is teh jealous*
ReplyDeleteHI LAURA. I haven't heard from you in too long. Welcome home.