Sunday, March 12, 2006

Cut off!!

Well, It has been nearly a month since my last post but it isn't my fault! No really!! The computer at Mzomtsha is busted so I have been cut off! I didn't even know what happened with Olympic hockey until I talked to my family on the phone last weekend! So, no email, no news. I am glad this didn't happen back in October - I would have gone crazy! As it is I get a little frustrated at times because I have to depend on South African media to find out what is going on in the world, but I am surviving quite well.

Things here in South Africa are going well. Summer is coming to an end which is sort of sad, but I will be coming back to Canada just in time for it to start again! I can't believe I have only a month and a bit left here! Time has gone by so quickly! I have my lessons pretty much planned for the next month. I have been running a reading contest with the older class and the grand prize will be lunch out at a restaurant in Umtata. Everyone who participates gets a prize so the kids have been reading a lot more than usual. It is really nice to see! The library that Jeremy Zehr started last year gets use for homework and stuff but it is great to see the fiction books getting some use!

There is a thunderstorm coming in (again...) so the power will likely go off shortly. So I guess that is all from me until the next time I get to a computer with internet! I am in umtata for the weekend hanging out with Joe and Anna Sawatzky, the new Mennonite Network missionaries here. Ooh! This weekend I finished my last university paper for my undergraduate degree! My final report for my practicum course is finished!! Funny, since I am not actually finished my placement, but because of my travel plans after my placement is finished I figured this would be the best time to do it. Yahoo!

I planned most of my trip to Europe this weekend too, talking with my sister over MSN. I am very excited about it! We are going to have tons of fun and her birthday present to me is taking me bungee jumping in Interlaken, Switzerland! I had a dream that it was fun to do, so I am trusting that in reality it will be fun too!! There is still the danger of me chickening out, but I think I am up to it. After all this, jumping off a bridge should be a peice of cake!!

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Hi LoLo! I was so glad to see that you've updated your blog and that you are still alive! It sounds like things are going really well and I am so glad to hear that! We can't wait to see you when you get back....
    Much love, Kristyn

    ReplyDelete