Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy Valentines Day!

We had a huge valentine's day part-ay here at Mzomtsha last night. It was a surprise for the kids and we staff members spent all day decorating the Hall and then keeping the kids away from it. It was a lot of fun. There was dancing, music, food and lots and lots of fun. It went until after 11pm!! And then we had to clean up!! So the kids are all pretty tired today - so am I! I had fun taking pictures at the party. The kids love it when I "shoot" them. The problem was that when I tried to take some video of the dancing they all dove infront of the camera trying to get me to take their pictures. It was frustrating and funny at the same time.

Things here are going really really well. I am having a great time with the kids and my relationships with some of the staff members have really started to turn into real friendships. Claudia is a new staff member and we get along well. She know a lot of english and loves to chat with me and practise her english. She is fun and great to hang out with. Sisana, the social worker and I have also started to have more of a friendship. She is really good at including me in conversations and has a real knack for interpreting for everyone without breaking the flow of conversation.

The weather has been a little icky. Lots of rain so the gardner has a never ending job of cutting the grass. He uses a weed trimmer and by the time he finishes the whole lawn- a job that takes several days - it is time to start over because the grass has grown so much!! But yesterday it was hot again and today was also pretty nice. I am hoping that the weather holds so I can go to the beach this weekend! I haven't been in more than two months!!

The weekly church service is just starting here in the next room. There is a lot of yelling and moaning going on already. I have enjoyed these services but I still do not understand most of what goes on - not just language wise either! Time to go join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment