Thursday, October 20, 2005

A rainy day in Africa





Well, today is the first time I have felt like the "rainy season" has actually begun. It poured all day which blasted most of my plans, but instead I was very productive and I planned the next ten lessons with my grade 5/6 class. I finally found all the resources that Jeremy left here (big help by the way!) and so I got inspired. So, I thought I would finally get around to putting up more pictures. Not that anyone is really waiting for them, since I just realized that I forgot to tell everyone about my blog. So, now you all get two for one! These pictures are of the beautiful coast line at Coffee Bay. I took a crazy hike from Coffee Bay (of course I had to go there, even though there is no actual coffee there - a shipment of coffee wreaked there a couple hundred years ago) all the way to Hole in the Wall. That is exactly what it is. A big hole in the wall of a cliff in the ocean. It was a fun hike, but very exhausting. Those hills are no joke! We finally made it, although we cheated a little.
That is all from me for today. I have a class to teach yet tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment