Sunday, October 30, 2005

Daylight Savings Time? Not Here!!

Well, I am feeling more at home here, which is very nice. Little things help, like cooking my own food everyonce in awhile and putting pictures up on my bedroom wall (thanks to Rachel B for those!) Also things are becoming routine which means I generally know what to expect from day to day. Not the most exciting thing, but at least I am not homesick anymore. :) Also last weekend I had roll koukin (I never could spell that!) and watermelon. A lovely summer's day lunch.


This is Samuel, Brian and Lynelle's oldest son. I spend many of my weekends with this family which also includes Markus, their younger son. One weekend we went to a small nature reserve at the Umtata dam. Samuel is standing beside an ant hill and behind him are zebras and a couple wildabeasts, not that you can really see them in this picture!!

I wanted to put a couple more pictures on here, but the computer is not cooperating - big surprise! Oh well, I will try again later. Story of this blog!

Well, apparently this weekend Daylight savings means people back home are changing their clocks. I say apparently because there is no such thing as DST here in South Africa. This means that it always gets dark early - around 6:30 pm, and is always light very early - before 5 am. It has taken some getting used to. This also means that I am now seven hours ahead of Ontario time. This of course makes calling home even more annoying! Oh well, it is worth it.











No comments:

Post a Comment