Once again my boss called me this morning and told me not to come into work. So I did some reports from home and now am at Bourbon Coffee - my 'other office' having coffee and people watching. So I have some time to think about my time here so far. I know I have done a 'what I love about rwanda' post, so without repeating too much, here are "Things I will miss when I go home" in no particular order:
1. Being able to reach outside my window and pick fresh lemons from the tree for stir fry and other cooking needs
2. Going to the market every Saturday morning, talking with the women and going home with a weeks worth of fresh fruit and vegetables for under 10$.
3. Motorbike taxis
4. Daily dirty hugs from the kids in our neighbourhood
5. My Rwandese friends
6. The Coffee
7. The weather - hot but not too hot, cooler in the evenings and enough rain to keep the dust from taking over the country - you have to live here to understand.
There are many other things, but my internet time is almost gone, so cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment