Friday, December 07, 2007

Workshops and Salsa

Last night I went out with some friends to our regular thursday night hang out. It is a place called Pasadina in the Gikondo area of Kigali. Thursday nights are Salsa nights. No, I am not talking about the yummy mexican treat that you eat with nacho chips. It is Latin music meets Kigali and it is a lot of fun. They teach salsa dancing every week starting at 7pm and as the night goes on the steps get harder and more advanced. I am still very much a beginner although those salsa lessons I took at CMU actually stayed with me so I don't step on anyone's feet - at least not very often!



Tomorrow my bosses from Canada arrive here in Kigali and on monday we start a week long training workshop. It is a little stressful since there are still so many details to take care of (our venue fell through at the last minute leaving us scrambling) but I am looking forward to seeing them both again and the workshop should go smoothly as long as we find somewhere to hold it! This will be the biggest training we do all year and people from all over the country are coming. At least next week I know that I will be working everyday, and I know what will be going on every day. A real treat and very different from the way things have been going here lately!

Also tomorrow I finally move into my new place. I do this with mixed feelings as I really love the family I have been staying with. It is nice to have people around to share the happenings of the day with, to eat with and share the happenings of the day. However it will also be nice to have my own space and to be able to cook for myself. The place is near to town and to church. We are expecting to have a lot of visitors once people figure out we are living there - and the neighbourhood kids will be camped out at our gate. I figure this will get frustrating at some point but it is also a great opportunity to interact with the community and with people from church. So it is good.

Well, I am at work, so maybe I should actually find some work to do....

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:33 am

    Now You've just left us hanging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah stupid internet. I will fix it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. see, all fixed. Now no one else will know that half my post was originally missing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....except that you just told us...

    ReplyDelete