Sunday, December 23, 2007

Greetings from Zambia

Well, here I am in Lusaka! Finally after several delayed flights and a very short visit in Nairobi with Pip. I arrived on friday, explored the neighbourhood a little, went to the near by shopping centre - wow this place reminds me of Botswana! Only much greener of course... I had dinner at a cute cafe which also has internet - I am there now actually. Then I went "home" to the guest house, went to bed early. I woke up half an hour later and was violently ill. Apparently this cute cafe did not agree with my stomach so I spent most of the night in the bathroom throwing up. It was very pleasant. So I will not be eating here again and I made loud comments about the food as I was walking in, but it has the cheapest internet around so what can you do?

I am feeling better today, though still a little off. If I continue to feel like this after I arrive in Livingston tomorrow I will see a doctor - don't worry parents I will be fine!

Aside from the sick part, Zambia is good. Mirriam arrived yesterday and we explored downtown a little today. It is sunday so most things are closed but we will have some time to explore further on our way back in january.

So that is all for now. Tomorrow we take the 7 hour bus ride to livingston and on christmas day we will go to victoria falls - a good way to spend the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment