Well, a belated Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all. The holidays were really busy this year, a big change from my Christmas in Botswanna last year! It was great to spend so much time with my family and we "catsat" for my sister's kitten. Really cute! Lucky was not impressed. She hid in my room and demanded room service because she refused to grace us with her presence even long enough to eat anything. Christmas eve I got to go to both churches, and both services were nice. Grace had a cute kids thing and the music was pretty good. WMB had a very relevant and interesting message and it had strings so the music was great :) Strings and Christmas carols go together very well!!
Christmas day was actually very layed back. We didn't start opening gifts till somewhere around noon and the turkey wasn't ready until 8:30. This is because part way through cooking the turkey we realized that the roasting pan had a whole in it and all the yummy turkey juices were ending up on the bottom of the stove. We had to take the turkey out and clean the oven and then put it back in. So we were European and ate late. :)
I got a TV for christmas, with a built in DVD player. As soon as I get the cable hooked up I will not have to fight with my parents over the tv. That is a good thing since that and dishes are really the only thing we fight about. :)
I got to see Jan and Paul and Diedre and Aaron before Christmas and it was a fun couple of hours. We made fun of Paul's tendancy to exagerate, Aaron's inability to understand time and of course, my slow walking. It was like we hadn't been apart! Also Michelle and Trevor came to Steph's New Year's eve party so I got to see them too. Yahoo. My friend Jen and I went to Toronto for the day and went to MEC. It was great and I got a thermarest and a compression sack.
The last exciting thing that happened over the holidays was that my cousin Jon got married. The wedding was on the 30th and it was great fun. My sister got SMASHED and it was really funny to watch (and listen. she gets really loud). I also had a rather significant amount to drink. I couldn't really figure out how the massive bottle of red wine from which I was the only one drinking got so empty. Then my cousin Mike admitted to filling my glass behind my back. Even without his help I drank alot.
So, now you are all caught up on my holidays! I will try to post more regularily now that the craziness is past!
No comments:
Post a Comment