I have had a really great week!! No sign of the horrible flu that so afflicted me last week and things went really well with my classes. The reading competition that I am running is now officially over and so now I just have to choose a winner. It is really neat to see how many of the kids participated. It is sort of depressing to see that several of them cheated - they didn't actually read the book but just copied off the book jacket. But I am proud of the other kids who did read and tried hard. On thursday night I was supposed to give a test to my oldest class but it was postponed because we had a huge party that night instead! It was a joint farwell to our social worker and happy birthday Somnci party. (Somnci is me) So it was a lot of fun. I got a huge towel as a present, as well as a cute box of bubble bath and soap and stuff from my superintendant. I don't know how I am taking all this to Europe with me, but I'll figure something out :)
Sisana, our social worker got a new job with the Department of Health so this friday was her last day. This is sad because she has been one of the most open and friendly people on staff and when she was around she made sure I knew what was going on. Fortunately her replacement seems to be even more friendly and open and loves talking english. She is going to be moving into the staff cottage with me so I have a new friend!! She is already sad that I am only here for two and a half more weeks, but we make the most of the time we have.
Two and a half weeks!! This just blows my mind. I still cannot see past living here and working with my kids. It all doesn't really seem real. I am sad that time is going by so quickly but am really excited about Europe and all the fun I will have there. This is probably one of the last posts i will make in SA. So sad!
No comments:
Post a Comment