Wow, can you believe it is already February?! Time is flying!
Things here are going very well. Classes are great, the kids are crazy but good and life is generally good. Joe and Anna Sawatsky arrived on Friday and I spent the weekend helping them at a Bible Conference and getting them settled in Umtata. They have two really cute kids, Issac who is almost three and Moses who is just 8 months. It is nice to have people around again! It is also weird for me to be the one who knows where everything is and has insight into the culture.
Anyway, the only complaint I have is that I have not been sleeping well. I am not sure what is behind this since I go to bed everynight exhausted, but I wake up feeling like I have not slept at all. This has also led to some very crazy dreams! This afternoon I was writing a letter to Pam Hartman, my best friend, and I fell asleep for more than two hours. I had a weird dream that my family was living here in the Transkei. We were driving somewhere and I looked out the window and I saw Caspian the clown walking in the veld. He had lobster claws on his hands and somehow that was normal. It was also normal that he was even there. Then I got home and Diedre and Annemarie were both sewing their wedding dresses on the floor. Then I asked what time it was and they told me it was 8 pm. Then I looked at my watch and it said that it was 30:00 and I got very frustrated because they kept insisting it was 8 oclock but I knew that 30:00 was 9pm. Everyone knows that!! :) Then I woke up and realized that I am going crazy and also that I slept through the recreation session I am supposed to lead every tuesday and thursday afternoon. Oops!!
Well, now I am going to go try to sleep. Wish my luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment