Friday, September 13, 2013

Long Over Due: Pictures

I keep meaning to post pictures from my trip earlier this summer to Mali and Mauritania. The internet connection was always too slow to post them while I was there. I am always happy to talk about my trip and the work that World Vision is doing, so please let me know if you have questions! Enjoy the pictures and if you want to know more about what WV is doing or if you want to sponsor a child in Mali or Mauritania go to www.worldvision.ca!


I got to meet colleagues from other offices inclugin Swtizerland and New Zealand at the workshop in Mali


Baobab tree in the distance on a hot sunny day in San, Mali

Hot and dry outside of San, Mali

Celebrations in a village in Mali

Eating lunch together on the road in Mauritania. Roasted Sheep in a communal plate. We ate it sitting under a tent in a town called Aleg.

I got to attend a community celebration for the completion of a water project in Mauritania. A water tower and solar pump provides clean, running water to 5 villages and a school.

The miracle of clean water steps outside of people's homes. People used to travel up to 5 km with donkeys and buckets to get water that was contaminated and often made their children sick.

A windy day in the Sahel, in Mauritania


I bought some fabric from this women's association in Mauritania

Preparing the fabric before it gets dyed.

Meeting with some of the volunteers in a community in Mauritania

No comments:

Post a Comment