Friday, October 26, 2012

Sunset over Bujumbura

This week has been much better than the last couple of weeks. I still get frustrated with work sometimes and I had to work this morning even though it was a holiday, but in general it is better. My meeting today was with people I enjoy working with and I leave tomorrow for two days on the beach south of Bujumbura. It will be nice to get away and just relax. I am hoping it doesn't rain, but since it is the rainy season I think it might be more realistic to hope it doesn't rain much. The nice thing about the rains here is that while it rains almost every day, it usually only rains for an hour or two. Today was an exception and it rained almost all day. I'm hoping that means it won't rain at all tomorrow!

Last weekend a friend and I spent the evening at Belvedere Restaurant up on the hill overlooking Bujumbura. Here are a couple pictures of the sunset over the city.

Those are the mountains of the DRC in the distance



The sun setting over Lake Tanganika



Not a bad way to spend a Sunday evening. Heading south to Ramonge tomorrow. More pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment