Thursday, August 02, 2012

O Canada!

I love the Olympics. During the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver I had the TV on whenever I was in the house, at times also having my computer open on the coffee table so I could watch one event online and one on the TV. The coffee shop I worked in at the time had a TV so when I wasn't making coffee I was watching the screen. If you look at my blog posts from that time, they are almost all about the Games. While I don't have to same emotional attachment to swimming, cycling and rowing that I do to figure skating, speed skating and hockey, I love watching the Summer Olympics as well. If I were in Canada right now you can be sure the TV would be on and I would be cheering for Clara Hughes, Alexander Despatie and all the rest.

Unfortunately I am not in Canada. I don't have a TV in my apartment here and my internet is much to slow to watch anything that way. I have caught a glimpse of a boxing match in a bar and a piece of the opening ceremonies at a restaurant but for the most part I have to content myself with reading about it all after the fact. Regardless, I am still cheering and enjoying the games in my own way. However, I will make sure that wherever I am in the world in 2014 I will have access to TV or fast internet so I can watch the Sochi Winter Games.

Anyone want to share their favourite Olympic moments so far? Are you watching the Games? Feel free to leave me a comment and tell me all about it! Go Canada!

1 comment:

  1. Clare Snyder9:32 am

    We've spent the last week in the USA, and as far as coverage of Canadian atheletes and results we may as well have been in Bujumbura. Talk about one-sided coverage!!!!. The last 2 days, back in Northern Ontario we have been able to keep up with Canadian and American, as well as other countries' progress on CTV.

    ReplyDelete