I had a very green weekend. I went to the Living Green show in Toronto on Saturday at the Ex with Pam and another friend Carla. It was a lot of fun, and there were some really interesting things there. Shoes made from hemp and recycled tires, paper made from elephant poo and a really neat concept house that looked like the hindenberg. Ugly from the outside, but really cool. Also, there were lots of free samples. We almost didn't need to buy lunch since there was so much free food. I came home with green cleaning products, shampoo, soap from lush and lots of free seeds for my garden. I also entered several draws to win cars. that would make my life so much easier! I want a hybrid.
On sunday the green theme continued as I spent most of the afternoon digging in my garden. I haven't planted anything yet since there is frost this week but now the garden is all composted and ready to go. Then my family and I went for a walk in the woods and all the trilliums are out and blooming happily because it is spring. So it was a happy weekend.
Now the weekend is over and I am at work. I am enjoying my job and love that I only have to come in to the office twice a week. Today the people in my carpool came in early so of course I did too. I was here in Mississauga before 7am which meant that I was awake super early. It means I get to leave by 3:30 so cheers to that. If I win a hybrid then this will no longer be an issue.
And that is all
I have a journal made of elephant poo!
ReplyDeleteI haven't written in it yet, though. Ironically, it's too nice.